Friday, November 02, 2007

cooter raffle!




that's right, we'll be raffling off cooters this weekend! wait, i messed that up. there will be a raffle at this weekend's race with some sweet stuff from maxxis,hammer,tifosi and others. this will be worth sticking around for. the raffle will conclude during the kid's race... for some reason this race makes me think of jessica simpson, go figure.
just for clarification:
Cooter is also sometimes used as southeastern US slang as a term for "snapping turtles." Inverness, Florida sparked controversy by founding a "cooter festival" in celebration of their local turtles. (The controversy was detailed on The Daily Show on December 2, 2004.)

10 comments:

privateer said...

I like the new look and feel of the website, and stoked that the Avondale race is go. See you at Prattville.

Rickyracer said...

Yep. Dig the new look. I've been told all the Halloween candy I've consumed will make me faster. True?

privateer said...

True. But there's a typo in that sentence.

mogley said...

halloween candy? so amateur. PRO's live on celery sticks and wheatgrass.

pedalhard said...

Gotta give it up for Comp Velo and all the guys and gals that were responsible for putting on today's race in Prattville. That was first class! What a course!!! I couldn't believe it when I drove up. I don't think it could have been more perfectly layed out. But boy did it put a hurtin' on my legs. Thanks again and I can't wait for the next sufferfest!!

dlhiott said...

Thanks. I am really stoked everything went so well for our first event. We really had a huge contingent of volunteers (half weren't even a part of our club). As for the course, we couldn't have done it without those mighty, mighty guys from Team Cycle Escape. Thanks to everyone who helped and to everyone who came out.

privateer said...

Montgomery Advertiser has some photos up:
http://tinyurl.com/363xm7

+1 to what pedalhard wrote.

mogley said...

http://community.webshots.com/album/561325739fDNPqa

pedalhard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pedalhard said...

I uploaded a few images as well, check them out at...

http://tinyurl.com/yq6rxd

Enjoy!