Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turf Trauma

I will need some hands this week to repair the turf at George Ward Park. We seeded and strawed the heavily impacted areas on Sunday and we will need to return and hit it again. Once it becomes a little tacky, maybe Thursday, I would like to go back out and roll it with my turf roller and seed and straw again. If you can help please stay tuned and I will post. We are catching some serious heat from the "Friends of George Ward Park" and Councillor Valerie Abbott. I have spoken and met with Parks and Recreation on this matter and I feel like we can resolve any potential conflict with proper and responsible action. Please do not ride the course anymore as we need to keep the water collecting ruts to a minimum.

If you will, you can contact councillor Abbott valerie.abbott@birminghamal.gov and let her know what a great venue George Ward Park is and that we are not a bunch of irresponsible hooligans...for the most part.

I will post an informal list of results up in just a bit. These will just be written on a post and not on the official spreadsheet. The official spreadsheet will be up later this week.

7 comments:

ALgoat said...

Brent- can help with landscaping project, staying tuned.

rlbrunso said...

me as well, just let us know. great venue. hope we can go back there again.

arkansascyclocross said...

I have no idea if this will be of any help:
http://www.spectasport.com/images/mediagallery/After%20Effects%20for%20Website.pdf
The basic message is, the damage is temporary.

Average Jim said...

Reading your previous post it's slightly ironic that we have to think about sustainability. I have no idea what the fixed costs are per race or how much straw, seed, or ero-con matting costs but would be willing to pay slightly more if that means we can race next year.

Also people like to see something tangible like bush or a tree that looks like we really care. Plus I just worked bush in there.

Wig said...

Average Jim, You crack me up! How about planting 2 shrubberies the largest of the 2 should then be cut down with a............. herring. Nie!!

HurleyO said...

B call me in available tonight round 530 if that helps at all.
Hurley

HurleyO said...

Wow!! Brent you should send that link to Valerie.