Tuesday, September 01, 2009

~5 Weeks

I swear, it seems like the gap between seasons gets shorter every year. Please note the date change for the first race. This will most likely be at West Oxmoor Park. Bike Link is the race promoter and they are working hard to get everything right.

Avondale Park is still a mystery and may be thrown in one of the inactive weeks whenever I can get a definite start date for construction. Don't forget that cx practices are going on at Ruffner Park on Wed afternoons. I'll probably skip avondale thursdays as they are doing this on Wed.

I'd like to start doing a group cx ride on Sat mornings if anyone is interested...

12 comments:

Larry said...

I know this is a stupid question but where is Ruffner Park?

arkansascyclocross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mogley said...

Stephen,

Not quite, but close. It's actually Irondale Baseball Park at the beginning (Irondale side) of Ruffner Rd.

You mapped Ruffner Mtn Park...which is a great place to ride a cx bike, I mean if it was legal...and stuff.

arkansascyclocross said...

Oops, my bad. Me = dumb.

rlbrunso said...

Hope to see some folks out tomorrow at Ruffner. Geo and I laid a tentative course last week, but there are many options. Look for a white Toyota Tacoma, that's where we'll start from. 5:30ish

Larry said...

Cool, I know where that at. I will try my best to come by.

HurleyO said...

Im READYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Wig said...

Still BMXn. ABA St championships are next Sat which is also the same day as the Woodland Century in Anniston. Our version of Sea Otter. Headin to Cross Vegas in a few weeks to get even more fired p for my 5th place finishes this year.

Sophie's Dad said...

&#$%@* date change. I committed to an out of town school function for the 10th-11th because it was an open race weekend.
See you at the second race.

beaker said...

West Oxmoor? That stream crossing was a keeper

HurleyO said...

GWP??? wtf? Damit Man!!!

rlbrunso said...

never too late to look at Ruffner ballparks!

which btw, Geo nor I will be there Wednesday night for practice. Decent turnout last week. Hopefully next week we can get back out there with some barriers.