Friday, December 01, 2006

MUNGUMRY

Hope to see all you crazy crossers this weekend in the Capitol City. Can't say that I've ever raced my bike there before, looking forward to it. I know the Cycle Escape crew is fired up and will host a top notch event. Jeff with Cycle escape asked me to pass this on: "CycleEscape team has decided for our race to add another $250 to the pot for the A’s, to be divided among the men and women (one $250 total, not $250 each) *will just add the $250 to the rest of the money and divide as usually".

More cash is always good. Hungerford says that he will be taking all the money home with him and that Hurley was a pretender... He even threatened to breakout the zebra print spandex for further humiliation. Oh yeah, here's the perfect x-mas gift for the cyclist

5 comments:

dlhiott said...

Y'all are gonna love this course! Visibility is awesome, there are some really fast grass and paved sections, a few technical sections, two squirrely run-ups, and even a couple of mucky spots. After all, what is CX without mucky spots, right? All the grass is smooth with no hidden holes so you can get your power on! Overall, a really good mix of terrain.

On behalf of the Chain Reaction-TOLA team, we were glad to have been of help to the Cycle Escape crew and hope this the best race yet.

See ya bright and ugly tomorrow!
DH

saintj said...

great job montgomery! thanks for putting on a great event today! the course was primo!
bill

mogley said...

No problem, it was my favorite course too. Still don't know why people call them "fast" grass sections...never felt fast to me. In retrospect, riding the mud pit prolly wasn't too smart, the effort it took sent me to dry heave heaven and my bike weighed about 10# more by the end of the race. It made me feel like more of a man though.

dlhiott said...

I only said "some" fast grass... as in two. I had to do something to get you guys here. If I would have said "boggy mud section that will make you dry heave" and "slow, painful, energy sapping, kryptonite grass" you may not have been as excited to visit :-)

DH

HurleyO said...

Pretenderrrr!!? See you guys in Cullman. Thanks for an awesome event in Mungomery!!!