Monday, December 18, 2006

Hey,Hey,Hey...GOODBYE!!!

Well, It's come to an end. The Bamacross Series shot it's final round yesterday in Cullman and it went out with style. I truly enjoyed the entire experience and I hope all of you did as well. It is so fulfilling to see people who you've ridden with a hundred times, but never seen racing, show up at the cross races with a smile. I'm also very proud to have 3 new race promoters in the state who did a ton of work and pulled off top notch events. We will be back for '07, bigger and badder. If you are a potential sponsor or know of one who would like to be part of a series like BAMACROSS, I'm all ears. That is one thing we were lacking this year - sponsorship dollars. All of the races were funded primarily by race entry fees. This left a big empty spot for series final payout and prizes. We should be able to pull in a title sponsor for next year to sweeten the pot.

I also want to devote an entire paragraph to say thank you to Jeff Haines. Not many people recognize Jeff buried in his laptop at registration. He does a flawless job that is a beast. He just knows what to do and he gets r done. If I'm promoting a race and Jeff can't show...I freak out! Thanks Jeff!!!!!!!

We went through the entire series with only a few hiccups...well, I made one yesterday. I failed to tally double points for the races and apply that to the series final. This should have placed Bart Davidson in 3rd place for the "c" series. Sorry Bart. I'll record on the final scoresheet and get you an appropriate prize.

If you have questions,Comments, Advise,Complaints...Leave them in the comment box.

Thanks,
Brent

PS. send me those pictures!!!

3 comments:

Bart said...

Big kudos to Brent. The series was a blast. I was amazed with the number of racers and spectators. Next year can only get better. I want to thank everyone involved. It's time we start building Alabama races to compete with the surrounding states. Everyone remember, even the best promoted events are only successful if people show up to race. So, get out there and RACE!

Jerry G. said...

Thanks Brent, et. al. for putting this series together. I didn't get to race but I enjoyed watching and supporting all those who did.

It was way cool to watch you guys ride over that log yesterday- up hill even. Cool stuff!

Next year I know will be bigger and badder.

Thans for the good times!

~jg

dlhiott said...

I would just like to throw in my thanks to everyone who had a hand in this series. Brent did a fantastic job, but so did every person who lifted a single finger to help make this series what it was. It is hard enoough to host a race, but running a series takes a (cycling) community effort and teamwork.

Bravo to all of you!

A special thanks goes out to the super-helpful dude who helped me get my shifters working Sunday with the WD-40... You know who you are. Thanks!

The Chain Reaction-TOLA crew are already scoping locations for another venue next year and will be looking for sponsors as well. I am proud to have been a part of all this.

All you folks who want to take a hand in next years series, let's keep in touch. From what I have been told from the Georgia folks, you can't start planning too soon.

I have another domain space avaliable and can set up a full featured site like ours at http://teamchainreaction.com if we are interested.

See you out there...
DH